Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Table of Contents:
CPA, Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario
2017 – Present
Honours Bachelor of Commerce, University of Guelph
- Major: Management Economics in Industry & Finance (Co-op)
- Completed CMA prerequisite courses
Wilfrid Laurier University
- Enrolled in a summer semester on a Letter of Permission to advance my accounting studies
Senior Fund Accountant, [Company name withheld]
2016 – Present
- Responsible for the financial NAV packages for multiple fund of funds.
- reviewing the NAV process for fund accountants.
- Creating and approving multi-million dollar wires.
- Complete, review and execute fund subscription/redemption/transfer documents.
- Prepared Year-end financial statements.
Fund Accountant, [Company name withheld]
2012 – 2016
- Responsible for the accounting of six hedge funds taking advantage of various investment strategies.
- Accurately prepare monthly financial statements and NAVs in a timely manner while maintaining strict control procedures.
- Accounting for Foreign exchange investments and transactions using multiple currencies.
- Precisely calculate fund P&L and investor allocations on a monthly basis.
- Provide time-sensitive audit support and assistance when necessary.
- Ensure funds comply with the legal obligations set out in the subscription documents, limited partnership agreements and offering memorandums.
- Diligently prepare various reconciliations for cash positions, market value positions, investor and fund subscriptions/redemptions and important financial data accross multiple accounting platforms.
- Gained comprehensive exposure to investment accounting including NAVs, statements of operations, realized and unrealized gains/losses, differing hedging strategies, investments in foreign currencies and offshore funds.
Compliance & Policy Accountant, Revera Inc.
2011 – 2012
- Prepared regulatory financial reports for various funding authorities in a timely manner
- Updated and created company-wide accounting policy and procedure documentation
- Documented company processes/procedures and identified opportunities for improvement to increase efficiency
- Created capital asset continuity schedules and performed impairment testing to meet IFRS standards
- Assisted with regulatory audits and performed necessary accounting adjustments
- Ensured organizational understanding of policies and assisted in policy implementation and analysis of transactions for adherence to company policies
Undergraduate Research Assistant, University of Guelph
2010 – 2011
Teacher Assistant, University of Guelph
2008 – 2011
Finance Summer Student, Centerra Gold
June 2009 – September 2009
- Ensured consistency and comparability among financial reports
- Reconciled and validated accounting data in the company’s financial database
- Prepared journal entries to reconcile accounts to correct amounts
Property Accountant, RioCan Property Services
January 2009 – April 2009
- Maintained a diverse portfolio of properties and performed periodic financial reporting while meeting tight deadlines
- Prepared year end billing files, monthly financial statements, cash flows, bank reconciliations, realty tax reports and GST returns.
- Quickly adapted to the JD Edwards accounting software
Financial Template Quality Assurance Analyst, CaseWare International
September 2007 – January 2008
- Accurately customized financial statements and templates to meet client specifications and requirements
- Proficiently tested financial templates on many levels to ensure functionality and quality assurance standards
- Prepared professional training documents for internal use
Customer Service Representative, Sentex Data Communications
April 2007 – September 2007
- Effectively provided technical support to customers concerning networking, web hosting, email and internet configuration
- Promptly responded to all customer inquiries and correspondence
- Quickly learned and adapted to the Linux/Unix server environment while gaining familiarity with billing software and accounts receivable
Corporate Team Trainer, Galaxy Cinemas
June 2003 – January 2006
- Responsible for orienting and training new and existing staff members
- Prepared monthly “Corporate Team Trainer Reports” which detailed specific promotions, goals and outlines for upcoming months
- Handled cash and balanced daily deposits and cash flows
- Awarded “Raving Fans +1 Service” on numerous occasions as well as “Employee of The Month” for delivering excellent customer service
Volunteer Staff, Cambridge Shelter
2015 – Present
Accounting Tutor / Review Session Instructor, University of Guelph
September 2008 – April 2014
Director of Technology, Accounting Society of Guelph
September 2008 – April 2011
Accounting Faculty Search Committee, University of Guelph
April 2010 – June 2010
Children’s Soccer Coach
- Regularly teach accounting review sessions with up to 400 students
- Associate Member of the Certified Management Accountants of Ontario
- Won first place in Managerial Accounting at the 2011 University of Ottawa Case Competition
- Placed third in the 2010 Brock University Accounting Competition
- Awarded fourth placed at Ryerson’s Achieve Competition in 2010
- Participated in various contests including CMACC, Impact Apprentice, Fast Pace, Euclid, Fermat and CNML
- Began work on a non-profit organization, Increase the Peace Foundation
- Playing sports and maintaining a healthy lifestyle
- Building and maintaining websites
- Customizing vehicles and in-car entertainment